THE 80TH ANNIVERSARY OF THE NORMANDY LANDINGS
Ride Details & Itinerary
Date: June: 9 – 14, 2024
Where: Caen to Falaise, France
Total Ride Distance: 500km
Registration Fee: $500
Fundraising Minimum: $5,000
If you have any questions, please see the FAQ’S page.
Sunday, June 9th: Arrival and Acclimatization
- Arrive early in Caen to settle in and acclimatize.
- Visit the Caen-Normandy Memorial Museum, gaining insights into the historical context of the upcoming journey.
- Meet fellow participants during a friendly meet-and-greet session at our base hotel.
Monday, June 10th: The Atlantic Wall – 75km
- Depart from Caen Hotel and begin your cycling adventure.
- Explore the formidable Merville Battery, pausing to delve into its history and significance.
- Immerse yourself in the tales of German defenders at the Le Grand Bunker Museum of the Atlantic Wall in Ouistreham.
- Cycle to a German defensive position on the beach, gaining a firsthand perspective of the challenges faced by both sides.
- Conclude the day at the Radar Station Radar Museum, reflecting on the technological warfare of the era.
Tuesday, June 11th: D-Day Landings – 75km
- Commemorate the valiant actions of the past by visiting the Memorial Pegasus, a site of crucial significance during the D-Day landings.
- Honor Piper Bill Millin and acknowledge Sword Beach’s importance as you journey forward.
- Pay your respects at Maison de Queen’s Own Rifles of Canada, connecting with Canada’s role in the liberation.
- Engage deeply with history at the Juno Beach Centre, followed by a poignant visit to the Bény-sur-Mer Canadian War Cemetery.
- Conclude the day by reflecting on the tragedy of the Canadian Abbey d’Ardenne Massacre Memorial.
Wednesday, June 12th: Omaha Beach – 95km
- Ride to the Bretteville-sur-Laize Canadian War Cemetery, acknowledging the Canadian contribution to the liberation.
- Reflect on the past at Hill 67 in Saint-Martin-de-Fontenay.
- Conclude this remarkable journey at the Falaise Memorial, a fitting tribute to the concluding battles of the Normandy campaign.
Thursday, June 13th: In Honor of Heroes – 90-100km
- Begin the day with a ride to the Overlord Museum, delving into the intricacies of the D-Day preparations.
- Visit the Normandy American Cemetery, a place of solemn remembrance and reflection.
- Ride to the Bayeux War Cemetery, paying homage to those who gave their lives for freedom.
Friday, June 14th: The Road to Falaise – 70km
- Embark on a journey to La Cambe German War Cemetery, contemplating the cost of conflict.
- Explore the historic Pointe du Hoc, a site symbolic of the Allies’ determination.
- Conclude the day at the British Normandy Memorial, remembering the sacrifices of the British forces.
This immersive journey through history is a blend of cycling, remembrance, and education. Join BBR24 to pedal through time, experience the legacy of D-Day, and honor the heroes who paved the way for freedom. It’s more than a cycling event; it’s a journey of the heart and mind. Book your place today and become a part of this extraordinary adventure.